- Getting Pre-Approved For A Mortgage - a.k.a. What can I afford?
Having your finances approved is the very first step. If needed, we’ll help you select and meet with a Mortgage Specialist, prepare and submit necessary documents and obtain a copy of your pre-approval.
- Define Home Criteria and Location - a.k.a. What do I want?
This is when you tell us everything you are looking for in a home, including how many bedrooms, bathrooms, size, style, age, your favourite neighbourhoods and specific areas you’d like to live in.
- Viewing Homes - a.k.a. Let's go for a test drive.
Next, you will be set up on a custom web search that showcases all of the homes that best match your criteria. From here we can set up viewings, visit open houses and narrow the search for your perfect home.
- Make An Offer - a.k.a. Putting the pen to paper.
When you have found ‘the one’, we will prepare an offer that includes Subjects and Terms that protect you. The offer will be negotiated to the point of acceptance by both you and the sellers.
- Satisfying Subjects - a.k.a. Dotting our I's and crossing our T's.
During the Subject Removal phase, we will perform due diligence on the property to ensure it is in good standing both inside and out. Financing will be approved; an inspection will be made, and documents will be reviewed.
- Completion Date - a.k.a. When you pay and the property is transferred to your name.
This is generally a day or two prior to receiving the keys where you will be meeting with lawyers to complete the final purchase paperwork and deliver the final bank draft for the balance of your down payment.
- Possession Day - a.k.a. The day you've been waiting for!
This is the day you receive the keys to your new home! A time to CELEBRATE!